NEW CAR PARK SYSTEM
From Wednesday 18th September, Fishergate Shopping Centre launches its new Automatic Number Plate Recognition ‘cashless’ car park system. Please ensure you know your number plate registration before attempting to pay your parking fee at the paystation as you leave.
- Operates with state-of -the-art Automatic Number Plate Recognition Cashless payment equipment (without enforcement and penalty fines).
- There is 30mins free parking for Click & Collect- you DO NOT need to go to a paystation, please drive straight to exit.
- Car park tariffs will remain unchanged.
- We offer ‘free to use’ electric vehicle charging points.
- Mobility and Parent & Child bays.
- Car park will operate 24/7. After 24 hours the car park system will refresh, and if staying overnight you will be charged £8.50 for each 24 hour period (for example if parking for 26 hours you will be charged £8.50 for the first 24 hours plus an additional £2 for the additional two hours).
- We have adopted a cashless payment system that relies on card (Debit and Credit), smartphone and an App for payment. There are several options to make payment although the system will not accept a cash alternative.
- One of the reasons for adopting cashless payment is the ongoing trend towards a cashless society. However, the greater aim is our ambition to pursue a more sustainable environment for the car park by adopting a simpler operation that delivers a smaller carbon footprint by requiring less energy usage, fewer manufactured components and less maintenance visits.
- Payment can be made at a paystation (as you leave) contactless (wave and pay), by chip & pin, contactless or smartphone, or the Glide App if shoppers prefer not to use a paystation.
- The equipment is supplied by Newpark Solutions, which is the only UK based manufacturer of ANPR cashless equipment.
- Other benefits of the new ANPR Cashless payment car park system, includes;
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition allows faster vehicle throughput.
- Ticketless entry and exits have the benefit of no lost tickets or ticket jams.
- Cashless payment delivers a more environmentally sustainable car park, having a reduced carbon footprint compared to traditional systems.